- Where do I go next?
- How do I steer and stay on the course?
You have just begun an exciting journey that will take you on a course of gratifying and challenging experiences. This is not a journey that you will take by yourself. The Holy Spirit of God became your guide and constant companion the moment you invited Christ into your life. Every day is an adventure on this journey; you learn something new about yourself, other individuals and God.
Having started this journey with God you can be assured that Satan will not readily give up on you. He will be pulling out all the stops to get you back in line with his lifestyle. To remain in tune with God you will need to develop some new habits called spiritual disciplines. Each day you do the following:
1.Quiet Time: Personal intimate time spent talking with God and listening to Him for direction. This usually includes reading the Scriptures.
2.Bible Study: Learning about God through the prophets and stories of His chosen people.
- Prayer: Having a conversation with God – talking and listening to Him.
- Devotion: Includes singing songs of praise, reading the Bible, praying and sharing insights with others.
- Worship Services: It is important for you to attend Worship services where you can share your concerns and satisfying experiences with other Christians. It is also a place where you can be encouraged through the sermons, songs, Bible reading, stories of other Christians and by interacting with them.
- Giving: Whether you tithe (give one-tenth of your income) or give free-will offerings; you are expected to give back to God willingly, by giving to His Church.
- Witnessing: As a child of God you are called upon to tell others of His goodness and love.
- Fasting: Usually denying yourself of food but others, especially those on medication or with a health condition where they cannot miss a meal, may choose to deny themselves of something else.
- Sabbath: You should set aside a day each week fo rest and meditate on God’s Words. The rest is so important that God modelled it for us when He rested on the seventh day. He also made it a commandment.
You are not alone on this adventure that is the Christian life. You have the Holy Spirit and your siblings in Christ. Stay close to them and you will succeed. Walk alone and you will fail miserably. I am willing to be a partner on this journey with you. Let me know how I can in the comments section below.
Your Life for Christ
You were meant to have peace in your heart. You can only achieve this by giving your heart to God. If you have not done so before, I invite you to do so now by saying the following prayer:
God, I have been living my life my way, depending on my own strength. Forgive me for all I have done that was not of You. I believe that Jesus is Your Son and that He died to save my soul. I will be obedient to Your will from this day forward. Amen.
If you have given your heart to God for the first time; complete the following form so I can pray for you and support you in your decision.